Link Button control and anchor within page do not work in Mobile 6.0

David C

I have posted this question, which I think is very simple on several
sites, and nobody seems to know what I am talking about. At my wits
end here. Please help.

I am putting together a site for mobile devices using regular ASP.NET
controls after giving up on "Mobile Web Forms" for several reasons.

Two problems.

LinkButton
========

The LinkButton control does not work in Mobile 6.0, even though it
works fine with the Mobile 6.0 emulators. My particular make and
model is Palm Treo 750, but I am observing similar issues with other
brands such as HTC, and Kiser.

When the user presses a LinkButton, it simply does not respond. Is
there a setting in the browser that can change? I know that it works
with Mobile 5.0, but not 6.0 (although emulators seem to have no
trouble with it). I suppose one option is the replace all LinkButtons
with Buttons, but I really don't want to do that.

Page Anchor
=========

Can't get it to work. When my URL looks like "myhpage.aspx?
id=85565#A" to redirect to an anchor within a page, it does not work
in any of the mobile devices I've tested with including emulators. Is
there a workaround to this? This is very important since the limited
size of the mobile screen, so I want to do what I can to help the user
not have to scroll a lot.

I have put together a sample application to demonstrate my problem.
Here is the link to it.
http://junk.petrotools.com/From.aspx

The code files are really simple.
***From.aspx
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
OnClick="LinkButton1_Click">Click Me</asp:LinkButton>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label><br />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"
OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Send Me to another page" /></div>
</form>
***From.aspx.cs
public partial class From : System.Web.UI.Page

protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Label1.Text = "you clicked a link button";
Response.Redirect("ToPage.aspx#A");

ToPage.aspx
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<a name="A">Here is my anchor</a>

</form>

Al Fitz

I went to your page and all three of the links worked fine. I'm using an
HTC6800 with Windows Mobile 6.0

Damon B.

I am having the same problem on my WM 5 Samsung Blackjack! Anyone have a
solution?