Link Button in User Control causes JavaScript error

Fresh Air Rider

Could anyone please explain why it causes a JavaScript error when I
simply add an <asp:LinkButton> to a User Control and then reference
and tag that user control within a webform ?

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2003 an C#

I have found postings from other programmers experiencing the same
problem but no-one has put forward a solution.

If it's a bug then Microsoft ought to make a patch available but I
can't find any reference to it on their website.

If anyone could offer any advice, I would be most grateful

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Are you using SmartNavigation?

Also, the linkbutton control may use Javascript libraries to do its
postback. Are the scripts available on the Web site? They should be in:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322