    after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    do this?

    Zach

    Zach, May 18, 2012

  2. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/18/2012 2:14 PM, Zach wrote:
    > In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    > But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    > after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    > do this?

    CSS

    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp

    has an example.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 19, 2012

  3. Zach

    Zach Guest

    "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    > On 5/18/2012 2:14 PM, Zach wrote:
    >> In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >> But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >> after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >> do this?

    > CSS
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp
    >
    > has an example.
    >
    > Arne

    Yes that is interesting. However, using style sheets I cannot get it to
    work.
    I have tried different formats.

    Zach.

    Zach, May 19, 2012
  4. Zach

    > On 5/18/2012 2:14 PM, Zach wrote:
    >> In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >> But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >> after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >> do this?

    > CSS
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp
    >
    > has an example.
    >
    > Arne

    Arne,

    I have discovered how it works.
    Once you have in the style sheet e.g.

    ..LinkButton1
    {
    // some code
    }

    you can add

    ..LinkButton1:hover{
    background-color: yellow;

    }

    Then the link button will light up yellow as you hover it
    which is funky. But what you cannot do is keep the linkbutton
    yellow till you klick another linkbutton so the user will know
    what he/she has been referred to e.g. in a neighbouring textbox.
    That would of course need something other than "hover". But
    I don't see that option available.

    If you create one of several click functions and in one
    function you want to give the linkbutton background
    colour yellow, till you click another linkbutton, then
    there is no way of doing that - that I could find.

    Zach.

    Zach, May 19, 2012
  5. On Fri, 18 May 2012 20:14:34 +0200, "Zach" <> wrote:

    >In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >do this?

    Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.

    Assuming the markup as

    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
    onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

    the color will be changed by using this event handler

    protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
    }

    regards
    A.G.

    Registered User, May 19, 2012
  6. Zach

    Zach Guest

    "Registered User" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 May 2012 20:14:34 +0200, "Zach" <> wrote:
    >
    >>In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >>But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >>after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >>do this?
    >>

    > Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.
    >
    > Assuming the markup as
    >
    > <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
    > onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    >
    > the color will be changed by using this event handler
    >
    > protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    > {
    > LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
    > }
    >
    > regards
    > A.G.

    Hi,

    Excellent!
    Thank you.

    Zach.

    Zach, May 19, 2012
  7. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/19/2012 9:13 AM, Zach wrote:
    > "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >> On 5/18/2012 2:14 PM, Zach wrote:
    >>> In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >>> But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >>> after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >>> do this?

    >> CSS
    >>
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp
    >>
    >> has an example.

    > I have discovered how it works.
    > Once you have in the style sheet e.g.
    >
    > .LinkButton1
    > {
    > // some code
    > }
    >
    > you can add
    >
    > .LinkButton1:hover{
    > background-color: yellow;
    >
    > }
    >
    > Then the link button will light up yellow as you hover it
    > which is funky. But what you cannot do is keep the linkbutton
    > yellow till you klick another linkbutton so the user will know
    > what he/she has been referred to e.g. in a neighbouring textbox.
    > That would of course need something other than "hover". But
    > I don't see that option available.
    >
    > If you create one of several click functions and in one
    > function you want to give the linkbutton background
    > colour yellow, till you click another linkbutton, then
    > there is no way of doing that - that I could find.

    The traditional web way is that links has one style
    before click and one style after first click.

    CSS can do that.

    CSS can not do what you describe. Which seems to be that
    only latest clicked link should have a special style so
    that a clicked link fall back to start style when the
    next link is clicked.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 20, 2012
  8. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/19/2012 12:15 PM, Zach wrote:
    > "Registered User" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 18 May 2012 20:14:34 +0200, "Zach" <> wrote:
    >>> In ASP I can put text on a linkbutton in the aspx file.
    >>> But I don't seem to be able to change the back colour
    >>> after having clicked the link button. Is there a way to
    >>> do this?
    >>>

    >> Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.
    >>
    >> Assuming the markup as
    >>
    >> <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
    >> onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    >>
    >> the color will be changed by using this event handler
    >>
    >> protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    >> {
    >> LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
    >> }

    > Excellent!

    It does what you want.

    But I don't link the solution.

    There will be styles in both CSS and code behind. That
    could become rather messy.

    You could use the variant where you just set the
    CssClass property in the code behind and leave
    the actual styles to the CSS.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 20, 2012
  9. Zach

    > On 5/19/2012 12:15 PM, Zach wrote:
    >> "Registered User" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Change the control's BackColor property in the control's onClick event.
    >>>
    >>> Assuming the markup as
    >>>
    >>> <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
    >>> onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    >>>
    >>> the color will be changed by using this event handler
    >>>
    >>> protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    >>> {
    >>> LinkButton1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
    >>> }

    >> Excellent!

    > It does what you want.
    >
    > But I don't link the solution.
    >
    > There will be styles in both CSS and code behind. That
    > could become rather messy.
    >
    > You could use the variant where you just set the
    > CssClass property in the code behind and leave
    > the actual styles to the CSS.
    >
    > Arne

    Arne,

    Yes it might be considered messy.
    But it does work OK.
    How else to do it though.

    Zach.

    Zach, May 20, 2012
  10. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/20/2012 1:08 PM, Zach wrote:

    > "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >> On 5/19/2012 12:15 PM, Zach wrote:
    >>> "Registered User" <> wrote in message

    >>> Excellent!

    >> It does what you want.
    >>
    >> But I don't link the solution.
    >>
    >> There will be styles in both CSS and code behind. That
    >> could become rather messy.
    >>
    >> You could use the variant where you just set the
    >> CssClass property in the code behind and leave
    >> the actual styles to the CSS.

    > Yes it might be considered messy.
    > But it does work OK.
    > How else to do it though.

    Set the CssClass property i the code behind and
    let the CSS define what it actually does.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 20, 2012