    Starman Guest

    I want to place a link within a page (the top) to link to another part of
    the same page (bottom). How do I do this and what is the code?

    Starman, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Starman wrote:

    > I want to place a link within a page (the top) to link to another
    > part of the same page (bottom). How do I do this and what is the code?

    The link at the top:

    The reference at the bottom:
    <a name="bottomofthepage" id="bottomofthepage"></a>

    It doesn't matter what you name them (replacing "bottomofthepage"), as
    long as they match. And I've provided both the "name" and "id"
    attributes in the second location for backwards compability only. You
    may skip one of these (depending on which doctype you're using).

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Starman wrote:

    > I want to place a link within a page (the top) to link to another part of
    > the same page (bottom). How do I do this and what is the code?

    <h2 id="id_of_element">Foo</h2> <!-- doesn't have to be an h2 -->

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 8, 2006