    done.
    Thanks
    Brian

    Brian, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Brian wrote:

    > Hello:
    > I'm having trouble doing this and I was hoping someone could help me. I
    > created a site in dreamweaver and made a template out of it. I set the
    > default colors for the links in the the page settings. I need to have the
    > colors of the links change in different sections of the site. Can this be
    > done.
    > Thanks
    > Brian

    Different sections = different pages? If yes, then it can be done. You
    may want to define them in style-sheet for brevity and continuous
    revisions. For instance:

    a:link {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: grey;
    }

    removes the underline below a link and makes them of grey color. Google
    for "CSS link style" without quotes.

    Best

    Animesh Kumar, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Animesh Kumar wrote:

    > Brian wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >> I'm having trouble doing this and I was hoping someone could help me. I
    >> created a site in dreamweaver and made a template out of it. I set the
    >> default colors for the links in the the page settings. I need to have the
    >> colors of the links change in different sections of the site. Can this be
    >> done.
    >> Thanks
    >> Brian
    >>

    > Different sections = different pages? If yes, then it can be done. You
    > may want to define them in style-sheet for brevity and continuous
    > revisions. For instance:
    >
    > a:link {
    > text-decoration: none;
    > color: grey;
    > }
    >
    > removes the underline below a link and makes them of grey color. Google
    > for "CSS link style" without quotes.
    >
    > Best

    If different sections, where the word "section" could refer to many things
    at different levels, are _regions_ of the page, e.g. menu and footers, then
    use a deeper stylesheet hierarchy. I am pretty convinced you could define

    ..menu:a:link {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: grey;
    }

    I am fairly sure I got the syntax wrong, but I hope it convery the idea. I
    also hope it's indeed supported.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jul 21, 2005
  4. Brian

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Animesh Kumar <>
    >
    > Different sections = different pages? If yes, then it can be done. You
    > may want to define them in style-sheet for brevity and continuous
    > revisions. For instance:
    >
    > a:link {
    > text-decoration: none;
    > color: grey;
    > }
    >
    > removes the underline below a link and makes them of grey color. Google
    > for "CSS link style" without quotes.

    Can also be done for same web page.

    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Brian

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote:

    >I need to have the
    >colors of the links change in different sections of the site. Can this be
    >done.

    It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end, don't.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Brian

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Spartanicus
    <> writing in

    > "Brian" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I need to have the
    >>colors of the links change in different sections of the site. Can this
    >>be done.

    > It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end, don't.

    Not necessarily. If you have a menu with links of one color, you might
    want the content links to be another color. If the menu background color
    is blue, and the content background color is white, you would not want
    the menu color to be blue, but you would probably want the content color
    to be blue.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Brian

    Spartanicus Guest

    Adrienne <> wrote:

    >>>I need to have the
    >>>colors of the links change in different sections of the site. Can this
    >>>be done.

    >> It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end, don't.

    >Not necessarily. If you have a menu with links of one color, you might
    >want the content links to be another color.

    As I read it the OP wants to define different links colours for
    different pages of the same site.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Brian

    >>> It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end,
    >>> don't.

    >>Not necessarily. If you have a menu with links of one color, you might
    >>want the content links to be another color.

    > As I read it the OP wants to define different links colours for
    > different pages of the same site.

    Now that it's morning here... you're right, although you might have
    different sections of a site different colors, depending on their
    purpose, maybe something to do with seasons, where spring has pastel
    colors, and fall has fall colors.

    I'm doing something a little similar server side, if the current date is a
    holiday, a appropriate stylesheet is loaded. I have a main stylesheet
    which defines positioning and another only for colors, so Dec 25 gets
    xmas.css and Feb 14 gets valentines.css.

    Adrienne, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Brian

    Spartanicus Guest

    Adrienne <> wrote:

    >> As I read it the OP wants to define different links colours for
    >> different pages of the same site.

    >Now that it's morning here... you're right, although you might have
    >different sections of a site different colors, depending on their
    >purpose, maybe something to do with seasons, where spring has pastel
    >colors, and fall has fall colors.

    A basic usability principle is that a site should have a consistent look
    including the colour scheme. Using different link colours and/or text
    decoration is particularly risky because it will prevent people from
    recognizing the links as links.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thats what I would like to do. How can I make the menu colors one color and
    the text links another

    Brian, Jul 21, 2005
  11. dorayme wrote:

    >>From: Animesh Kumar <>
    >>
    >>Different sections = different pages? If yes, then it can be done. You
    >>may want to define them in style-sheet for brevity and continuous
    >>revisions. For instance:
    >>
    >>a:link {
    >>text-decoration: none;
    >>color: grey;
    >>}
    >>
    >>removes the underline below a link and makes them of grey color. Google
    >>for "CSS link style" without quotes.

    > Can also be done for same web page.
    >
    > dorayme

    Yes it can be -- but I don't think it is a good idea to confuse your
    visitor with different colors for hyperlink in different parts of the
    same page

    Best

    Animesh Kumar, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Brian

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Spartanicus <>

    >>> It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end, don't.

    >> Not necessarily. If you have a menu with links of one color, you might
    >> want the content links to be another color.

    > As I read it the OP wants to define different links colours for
    > different pages of the same site.

    Nevertheless, there may be different design considerations on different
    pages that dictate the matter, just as there can be (as Adrienne has pointed
    out) on the same page. Still, *your* point is generally good and if there is
    no overriding reason, best to keep them the same colour.

    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 22, 2005
  13. Brian

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Brian"
    <> writing in news:UwSDe.2969$:

    Top posting fixed - to the OP, please do not top post.

    > "Adrienne" <> wrote in message
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Spartanicus
    >> <> writing in
    >> :

    >> > It's a very effective method to confuse your visitors to no end,
    >> > don't.
    >> >

    >> Not necessarily. If you have a menu with links of one color, you
    >> might want the content links to be another color. If the menu
    >> background color is blue, and the content background color is white,
    >> you would not want the menu color to be blue, but you would probably
    >> want the content color to be blue.
    >>

    > Thats what I would like to do. How can I make the menu colors one color
    > and the text links another

    Stylesheet:
    #menu a:link {color:#008000} /* green */
    #content a:link {color:#0000ff} /* blue */

    HTML Doc:
    <ul>
    </ul>
    <h1>Heading</h1>

    Don't forget to set a background color for those links, and you should also
    include visited, hover, focus and active.

    Adrienne, Jul 22, 2005
  14. Brian

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Adrienne <>
    writing in news:Xns969B90BFB19Farbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158:

    Whoops!

    Adrienne, Jul 22, 2005
  15. Brian