Link Description script...

Silas

Hi. This Link Description script is driving me crazy. The first URL below is
the script exactly as I got it from javascriptsource.com, which works fine.
But as soon as I replace the linktext with my own (see the second URL) the
script stops working. I didn't change anything else from the original but
the linktext. I've been racking my brains for hours but whatever it is, I'm
missing it :-(

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/silasmprophet/linkdescriptionscript.html

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/silasmprophet/linkdescriptionscript2.html

Silas

Lee

Silas said:
Hi. This Link Description script is driving me crazy. The first URL below is
the script exactly as I got it from javascriptsource.com, which works fine.
But as soon as I replace the linktext with my own (see the second URL) the
script stops working. I didn't change anything else from the original but
the linktext. I've been racking my brains for hours but whatever it is, I'm
missing it :-(

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/silasmprophet/linkdescriptionscript.html

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/silasmprophet/linkdescriptionscript2.html

If you try that second page in Netscape, and look at the Javascript
console, you'll see that it's complaining about the single quote in
your text on line 103, column 161.

Since the string is delimited by single quotes, you can't include
apostrophe's in the text unless you escape them. (eg, "We\'ve all ...")

Silas

Lee said:
Silas said:

If you try that second page in Netscape, and look at the Javascript
console, you'll see that it's complaining about the single quote in
your text on line 103, column 161.

Since the string is delimited by single quotes, you can't include
apostrophe's in the text unless you escape them. (eg, "We\'ve all ...")

That did it! Thank you so much, Lee.

Silas