    you can help me.

    Greetz

    Roy
    R. van Lieshout, Aug 13, 2005

  2. R. van Lieshout wrote:

    > Who can help me? I want to create a link(href) which opens an .doc or an
    > .xls

    > directly in MS Word or MS Excell and not in IE so that I don't have
    > to save the document first en open it from Explorer.

    Some systems are configured to open Office documents in versions of the
    application embedded in the browser window. This is a user configuration
    setting, which I don't believe can be overridden by the webserver.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Aug 13, 2005

  3. R. van Lieshout wrote:
    > Who can help me?

    I'm wondering how many times, and in how many groups, and under how
    many names, you are going to post this question...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > R. van Lieshout wrote:
    >
    >> Who can help me?

    > I'm wondering how many times, and in how many groups, and under how many
    > names, you are going to post this question...

    4x, 3, same.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Aug 13, 2005

    Edwin van der Vaart, Aug 13, 2005
  6. R. van Lieshout wrote:
    > Who can help me? I want to create a link(href) which opens an .doc or an
    > .xls directly in MS Word or MS Excell and not in IE so that I don't have to
    > save the document first en open it from Explorer.

    When I open a Word document in IE, Word's usual menu items are added to
    the menu bar. You'll also see a little Tools button appear in the IE
    toolbar--it looks like a little hammer and a little spanner (wrench)
    lying on top of a window icon. Click that, and the usual Word toolbars,
    with all the formatting buttons, will appear. In other words, I already
    have full editing capabilities, without having to save the document
    first and then reopen it in Word.
    Harlan Messinger, Aug 13, 2005
  7. Thanks for your reaction. What I want to create is a sort of startpage with
    directlinks to al kind of spreadsheets, contracts etc for at my office. I
    want my colleagues to click on a link and have the contract directly be
    opened en be able to overwrite and save as.

    'en' is the same as 'and'but than in Dutch. It is a long time ago I wrote
    English so I probably make a few ore a lot mistakes. sorry.

    Thanks for your help

    Roy

    R. van Lieshout, Aug 14, 2005
  8. R. van Lieshout