link disappears in netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by chaitu, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. chaitu

    chaitu Guest

    when using IE it works fine but using Netscape the link disappears i
    use the following code



    <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">

    <tr>
    <td width="10" valign="top"><a class="standardLink"
    href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    ><img src="/assets/HI/static/layout/grf_Bullet_Right_orange.gif" width="5" height="9" vspace="3" alt="" border="0" /></a></td>

    <td><a class="standardLink"
    href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    >United Kingdom & Ireland</a>

    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    chaitu, Apr 18, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. chaitu

    Steve Pugh Guest

    chaitu wrote:
    > when using IE it works fine but using Netscape the link disappears i
    > use the following code


    Which version of Netscape? On which platform?

    And when you say the link disappears do you mean that it's never
    displayed or that it is displayed but later vanishes? If the latter
    then what event (page finishes loading, cursor moved over link, etc.)
    triggers the disappearance?

    > <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    >
    > <tr>
    > <td width="10" valign="top"><a class="standardLink"
    > href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    > ><img src="/assets/HI/static/layout/grf_Bullet_Right_orange.gif" width="5" height="9" vspace="3" alt="" border="0" /></a></td>

    > <td><a class="standardLink"
    > href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    > >United Kingdom & Ireland</a>

    > </td>
    > </tr>
    > </table>


    Well, apart from the fact that this doesn't really look like a data
    table to me I can't see anything wrong the code.

    So, what you need to do next is:
    1. Validate your HTML <http://validator.w3.org/> and CSS
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/> and fix any errors that are
    reported by the validator.
    2. Check to see if the problem still exists.
    3. Post a URL here so that we can see _all_ your code plus things like
    HTTP headers, etc. that are outside your code but which may contribute
    to the problem.
    4. Don't forget to tell us which version of Netscape is giving the
    problem.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Apr 18, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. chaitu

    chaitu Guest

    hi,
    the version of the netscape is 6.1 and the link doesnot vanish.it
    doesn't appear at all.
    Steve Pugh wrote:

    > chaitu wrote:
    > > when using IE it works fine but using Netscape the link disappears i
    > > use the following code

    >
    > Which version of Netscape? On which platform?
    >
    > And when you say the link disappears do you mean that it's never
    > displayed or that it is displayed but later vanishes? If the latter
    > then what event (page finishes loading, cursor moved over link, etc.)
    > triggers the disappearance?
    >
    > > <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    > >
    > > <tr>
    > > <td width="10" valign="top"><a class="standardLink"
    > > href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    > > ><img src="/assets/HI/static/layout/grf_Bullet_Right_orange.gif" width="5" height="9" vspace="3" alt="" border="0" /></a></td>

    > > <td><a class="standardLink"
    > > href="/FindAHotel/205_HiltonHotelsInCountry.jsp?path=WorldMap.UK_Ireland"
    > > >United Kingdom & Ireland</a>

    > > </td>
    > > </tr>
    > > </table>

    >
    > Well, apart from the fact that this doesn't really look like a data
    > table to me I can't see anything wrong the code.
    >
    > So, what you need to do next is:
    > 1. Validate your HTML <http://validator.w3.org/> and CSS
    > <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/> and fix any errors that are
    > reported by the validator.
    > 2. Check to see if the problem still exists.
    > 3. Post a URL here so that we can see _all_ your code plus things like
    > HTTP headers, etc. that are outside your code but which may contribute
    > to the problem.
    > 4. Don't forget to tell us which version of Netscape is giving the
    > problem.
    >
    > Steve
    chaitu, Apr 18, 2006
    #3
  4. chaitu wrote:
    > hi,
    > the version of the netscape is 6.1 and the link doesnot vanish.it
    > doesn't appear at all.


    Ooookay, and the URL? Come on people! It should not be too difficult a
    concept to realize that we cannot have a chance at debugging your code
    if your cannot *see* your code!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 18, 2006
    #4
  5. chaitu

    Steve Pugh Guest

    chaitu wrote:
    > Steve Pugh wrote:
    > > chaitu wrote:
    > > > when using IE it works fine but using Netscape the link disappears i
    > > > use the following code

    > >
    > > Which version of Netscape? On which platform?
    > >
    > > And when you say the link disappears do you mean that it's never
    > > displayed or that it is displayed but later vanishes? If the latter
    > > then what event (page finishes loading, cursor moved over link, etc.)
    > > triggers the disappearance?

    >
    > the version of the netscape is 6.1 and the link doesnot vanish.it
    > doesn't appear at all.


    Please don't top post.

    Netscape 6.1 was released in 2001 and used the 0.9.2 version of the
    Gecko layout engine. It wouldn't be too inaccurate to say that you have
    a problem with a five year old piece of beta quality software.

    Do you have the same problem in any browser that uses a more recent
    version of Gecko? e.g. Netscape 8.1, FireFox 1.5 or Mozilla 1.8.

    If you don't, then I would stop worrying about it. If you do then
    follow the steps I listed in my first post:

    > > So, what you need to do next is:
    > > 1. Validate your HTML <http://validator.w3.org/> and CSS
    > > <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/> and fix any errors that are
    > > reported by the validator.
    > > 2. Check to see if the problem still exists.
    > > 3. Post a URL here so that we can see _all_ your code plus things like
    > > HTTP headers, etc. that are outside your code but which may contribute
    > > to the problem.


    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Apr 18, 2006
    #5
  6. chaitu

    Guest

    chaitu wrote:
    > the version of the netscape is 6.1 and the link doesnot vanish.it
    > doesn't appear at all.


    I think that you might be trying to solve a problem that you don't need
    to worry about, since I can't imagine that there's more than a handful
    of people still using that thing. It must be around four years old or
    so, and from memory, it was as unstable as a drunk in a china shop, and
    somewhat buggy with it, so most users would've upgraded or switched to
    another UA.

    Do you really have a need to test against it?


    --
    AGw.
    , Apr 18, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Kevin Spencer

    Re: Link Link Link DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

    Kevin Spencer, May 17, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    810
    Kevin Spencer
    May 17, 2005
  2. Tom
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    490
  3. Mickey Segal
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    657
    Mickey Segal
    May 21, 2004
  4. strJulioNegron

    DataGrid disappears when clicking on "Edit" link

    strJulioNegron, Jan 12, 2006, in forum: ASP .Net Datagrid Control
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    132
    Julio Negron
    Jan 18, 2006
  5. Roderik
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    138
    Roderik
    Jul 19, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page