LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'

babak

Hi everyone
I'm doing a project in Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 4.0 and I get the
following error when I try to compile:

LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires
'/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'
Error executing clarm.exe.
Creating browse info file...

WVPNCECl.exe - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

I have tried adding both '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE' and
'/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,4.20' in my project settings (under the Link tab
and then Project Options) without any help.
The funny thing is that this error only occurs when I compile the
Realse configuration of the project. When I compile the Debug
configuration, the compilation finished without any problem.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Regards.
/Babak

Victor Bazarov

babak said:
I'm doing a project in Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 4.0 and I get the
following error when I try to compile:

LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires
'/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'
Error executing clarm.exe.
Creating browse info file...

WVPNCECl.exe - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

I have tried adding both '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE' and
'/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,4.20' in my project settings (under the Link tab
and then Project Options) without any help.
The funny thing is that this error only occurs when I compile the
Realse configuration of the project. When I compile the Debug
configuration, the compilation finished without any problem.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

The immediately obvious problem is that you're posting to a wrong
newsgroup. See 'microsoft.public.vc.*' hierarchy.

Next time when you have a C++ _language_ question, come back and
post it here, we'll do our best to help.