LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'

Discussion in 'C++' started by babak, Sep 30, 2005.

  1. babak

    babak Guest

    Hi everyone
    I'm doing a project in Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 4.0 and I get the
    following error when I try to compile:

    LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires
    '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'
    Error executing clarm.exe.
    Creating browse info file...

    WVPNCECl.exe - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

    I have tried adding both '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE' and
    '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,4.20' in my project settings (under the Link tab
    and then Project Options) without any help.
    The funny thing is that this error only occurs when I compile the
    Realse configuration of the project. When I compile the Debug
    configuration, the compilation finished without any problem.

    Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

    Regards.
    /Babak
    babak, Sep 30, 2005

  2. babak wrote:
    > I'm doing a project in Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 4.0 and I get the
    > following error when I try to compile:
    >
    > LINK : fatal error LNK1195: target machine 'ARM' requires
    > '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE'
    > Error executing clarm.exe.
    > Creating browse info file...
    >
    > WVPNCECl.exe - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)
    >
    > I have tried adding both '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE' and
    > '/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,4.20' in my project settings (under the Link tab
    > and then Project Options) without any help.
    > The funny thing is that this error only occurs when I compile the
    > Realse configuration of the project. When I compile the Debug
    > configuration, the compilation finished without any problem.
    >
    > Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

    The immediately obvious problem is that you're posting to a wrong
    newsgroup. See 'microsoft.public.vc.*' hierarchy.

    Next time when you have a C++ _language_ question, come back and
    post it here, we'll do our best to help.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 30, 2005