    I did read that Netscape and Mozilla based browsers have a problem with
    using onMouseUp on anything but form field objects. Is there a
    workaround for this?

    sihnstarr, Dec 14, 2004

  2. sihnstarr

    Lee Guest

    sihnstarr said:

    >I have a pop-up window that contains a chart with a list of links.
    >When the link is clicked, it is supposed to close the pop-up window and
    >navigate to the page selected from the pop-up in the parent window.
    >This works in IE but not in Netscape 7, 4 or Firefox.
    >
    >Here is a sample of the link code:

    >onMouseUp="javascript:self.close();">The Link</a>
    >
    >I did read that Netscape and Mozilla based browsers have a problem with
    >using onMouseUp on anything but form field objects. Is there a
    >workaround for this?

    The link is activated by the mouse click, which is the mouse button going down
    and then back up again. You're telling the window to close as soon as that
    button comes up. The fact that it works in IE is a fluke of their
    implementation.

    onclick="setTimeout('self.close()',100);return true"

    might work.

    Lee, Dec 14, 2004