link opening in a new window.

Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi,

i have a webpage in that when the user clicks the button a new window has to open and the result should display in the new window. To Do this i have included OnClientClik fro that button as 'document.forms[0].target='_blank';' and on other button click i included as document.forms[0].target='_self';' so only for that button i will open a new form and for other button clicks i will do the operations in the same window. every thing works fine until i introdue a link button('Logout' link) in the master page which will be shown in the top of the page when we click this link the new window is opend and then redirected to the loagin.aspx page. in master page i have asp:LoginStatus control but it rendered as <a> html control for this i have tried adding target="_self" but still it opens in a new window after the click of the link. i know this will be a easy fix but i am struck here. can any one help me on this.

Thanks.