    Thanks,
    Harry

    , Jun 7, 2006

  2. JDS Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:16:35 -0700, fake.e-mail wrote:

    > If so, could someone show me the html code for this? I'm quite new to
    > html so if you can show all the code that would really help out.

    You wouldn't use HTML to do this; HTML is not a programming language and
    doesn't actually "do" anything.

    You need to use a scripting or programming language on the server, such as
    PHP, ASP, server-side Javascript, C/C++, Perl, whatever...

    Then (and this is the HTML bit) you need to create an HTML link to the
    program on the server, providing all of the information the program needs
    in the link.

    example:

    OR

    <a
    href="database-submission-tool.php?db=bigdatabase&amp;username=user&amp;password=dontsendpasswordsintheurl">PROCESS
    DATABASE SUBMISSION</a>

    or similar...

    The actual creation of the server side tool is the hard part. :)

    What, exactly, do you need to do?

    What resources do you have available to do it with? (server environment,
    programming skills, etc.)

    later...
    --
    JDS

    JDS, Jun 7, 2006

    JDS wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:16:35 -0700, fake.e-mail wrote:
    >
    > > If so, could someone show me the html code for this? I'm quite new to
    > > html so if you can show all the code that would really help out.

    > You wouldn't use HTML to do this; HTML is not a programming language and
    > doesn't actually "do" anything.
    >
    > You need to use a scripting or programming language on the server, such as
    > PHP, ASP, server-side Javascript, C/C++, Perl, whatever...
    >
    > Then (and this is the HTML bit) you need to create an HTML link to the
    > program on the server, providing all of the information the program needs
    > in the link.
    >
    > example:

    > OR
    >
    > <a
    > href="database-submission-tool.php?db=bigdatabase&amp;username=user&amp;password=dontsendpasswordsintheurl">PROCESS
    > DATABASE SUBMISSION</a>
    >
    > or similar...
    >

    > The actual creation of the server side tool is the hard part. :)
    >
    > What, exactly, do you need to do?
    >
    > What resources do you have available to do it with? (server environment,
    > programming skills, etc.)
    >
    > later...
    > --
    > JDS

    In your first example you show it pointing to an exe ... would that exe
    reside on the server or client end?

    Thanks,
    Harry

    P.S. What I'm trying to do is to run the killtask command on ther
    server to end a certain task. Bascially I run a program on the server
    that doesn't like remote desktop, so before I connect via remote
    desktop to the server I would like to pull up a website (hosted on that
    server) with a link on it that allows me to kill the one process and
    then I can connect via remote desktop.

    , Jun 13, 2006

    wrote:
    > JDS wrote:
    > > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:16:35 -0700, fake.e-mail wrote:
    > >
    > > > If so, could someone show me the html code for this? I'm quite new to
    > > > html so if you can show all the code that would really help out.

    > > You wouldn't use HTML to do this; HTML is not a programming language and
    > > doesn't actually "do" anything.
    > >
    > > You need to use a scripting or programming language on the server, such as
    > > PHP, ASP, server-side Javascript, C/C++, Perl, whatever...
    > >
    > > Then (and this is the HTML bit) you need to create an HTML link to the
    > > program on the server, providing all of the information the program needs
    > > in the link.
    > >
    > > example:

    > > OR
    > >
    > > <a
    > > href="database-submission-tool.php?db=bigdatabase&amp;username=user&amp;password=dontsendpasswordsintheurl">PROCESS
    > > DATABASE SUBMISSION</a>
    > >
    > > or similar...
    > >

    > > The actual creation of the server side tool is the hard part. :)
    > >
    > > What, exactly, do you need to do?
    > >
    > > What resources do you have available to do it with? (server environment,
    > > programming skills, etc.)
    > >
    > > later...
    > > --
    > > JDS

    > In your first example you show it pointing to an exe ... would that exe
    > reside on the server or client end?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Harry
    >
    > P.S. What I'm trying to do is to run the killtask command on ther
    > server to end a certain task. Bascially I run a program on the server
    > that doesn't like remote desktop, so before I connect via remote
    > desktop to the server I would like to pull up a website (hosted on that
    > server) with a link on it that allows me to kill the one process and
    > then I can connect via remote desktop.

    P.P.S. I should probably clarify, this is not open to the internet,
    it's internal on an intranet, so security isn't really a concern (ie:
    no need to worry that someone else will kill the process). I just need
    to be able to kill this process without sitting in front of the server
    before I connect via remote desktop.

    Thanks again,
    Harry

    , Jun 13, 2006