    assigned so it takes on the current color in that section of the page ??

    i hope this makes scence

    thanks

    chris, Jan 5, 2004

  2. chris wrote:

    > can you set it not to have a color
    > assigned so it takes on the current color in that section of the page ??

    Yes:

    a { color: inherit; }

    but why? People won't be able to tell where the links are?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jan 5, 2004

  3. chris

    Steve R. Guest

    chris wrote in message ...
    > is there a way to make links the same color as the text it is next to

    I could tell you, but I won't as if I do, and you follow the instructions,
    nobody will know which of your words in your text are links.

    That wouldn't be very helpful, would it ?

    Steve R., Jan 5, 2004
  4. chris

    Chuck Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:04:37 GMT, "Steve R."
    <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >chris wrote in message ...
    >> is there a way to make links the same color as the text it is next to

    >I could tell you, but I won't as if I do, and you follow the instructions,
    >nobody will know which of your words in your text are links.
    >
    >That wouldn't be very helpful, would it ?

    Not necessarily. Sometimes I like to identify my [links] as so in a
    body of text. Also unless he uses "textdecoration:none;" it will still
    be underlined.

    Sure there are some here that would like all links to be that ugly
    shade of blue and remain underlined, but sometimes a small sacrifice
    in usability is made for stylistic reasons.

    For one of my pages, I had my links the same color as my text, with no
    underlining, I did have them [identified] as so, and had them change
    color on mouseover. It's my personal page, so if someone can't figure
    it out, what do I care? If it's work done for someone else, you simply
    give them the usability spiel, and if they still want the links hard
    to find, then it's their money.

    -Chuck. (www.wormspeaker.com)
    Spread love and understanding...
    but don't be afraid to bloody your knuckles doing it.
    -Alex Ross

    Chuck, Jan 5, 2004
  5. chris

    kchayka Guest

    Chuck wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:04:37 GMT, "Steve R."
    > <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>chris wrote in message ...
    >>> is there a way to make links the same color as the text it is next to

    > unless he uses "textdecoration:none;" it will still be underlined.

    You shouldn't assume so, it depends on the UA. Most graphical browsers
    have user settings for default link styles, underlining is often optional.

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)un(dash). Mail sent to the un
    address is considered spam and automatically deleted.

    kchayka, Jan 5, 2004