Link save dialogue

Amy

Hello all,

My aim: To click on a link (or what looks like a link to the user),
and rather than the file linked to opening in the browser or what ever, the
save dialogue comes up so they can download it instead.

I would like this to work with images - "click on the thumbnail to
download a larger picture" - kind of thing. JPGs specifically.

Can anyone help? I'm sure it's possible in java script, I just can't
find it anywhere. I've found a few ASP scraps but nothing concrete.

Hope you can help, fairly urgent I'm afraid :-/

Thanks for your time, I'm heading back to my pile of books for the
night :)

Amy K

Leif K-Brooks

Amy said:
My aim: To click on a link (or what looks like a link to the user),
and rather than the file linked to opening in the browser or what ever, the
save dialogue comes up so they can download it instead.

Configure your server to send the following header for the file you want
downloaded: