    FluxForum
    FluxForums's Profile: http://www.fluxforums.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=
    View this thread: http://www.fluxforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=2

    FluxForums, Feb 22, 2004

  2. While the city slept, FluxForums <>
    feverishly typed:

    > By including mouseover, the browsers status area will display the
    > typed message when the link is hovered over. This is great for hiding
    > affiliate links.
    > ONMOUSEOVER="window.status='Whatever you want to display;return
    > true;" ONMOUSEOUT="window.status='';return true;">

    And also great for interfering with the browser's normal functionality.
    Please do not hijack my browser's status bar. If you want to provide some
    further info on a link, use the title attribute: <a href="whatever.html"
    title="Whatever you want to display">blah</a> Also works when javascript is
    disabled!

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    nice.guy.nige, Feb 22, 2004

  3. FluxForums

    Randy Webb Guest

    FluxForums wrote:

    > By including mouseover, the browsers status area will display the typed
    > message when the link is hovered over. This is great for hiding
    > affiliate links.
    > you want to display;return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="window.status='';return
    > true;">

    That code does absolutely NOTHING to my status bar, try again.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Randy Webb, Feb 22, 2004