Link swf file to hyperlink query

KiwiBrian

I can now create a Flash version of a .wav file.
The program I am using creates a blank html file/page and the .swf file.
I would like to know how to link the .swf file to text or a graphic on my
web page so that it responds to a hyperlink that activates the swf file
Flash sound when selected, as well as going to the hyperlink target page.
In other words, how can I link the .swf file to a hyperlink so that the
sound is generated when the link is selected?
I suppose this is a sort of Flash button with no visibility, so that the
underlying text or graphic is not obscured and can be activated.
Am I striving for the unnattainable? Or going about this the wrong way?
I don't want to have to get into using a full-fledged Flash generating
program if I can avoid it.
TIA
Brian Tozer

Nik Coughlin

KiwiBrian said:
I can now create a Flash version of a .wav file.
The program I am using creates a blank html file/page and the .swf
file. I would like to know how to link the .swf file to text or a
graphic on my web page so that it responds to a hyperlink that
activates the swf file Flash sound when selected, as well as going to
the hyperlink target page. In other words, how can I link the .swf
file to a hyperlink so that the sound is generated when the link is
selected? I suppose this is a sort of Flash button with no visibility, so
that
the underlying text or graphic is not obscured and can be activated.
Am I striving for the unnattainable? Or going about this the wrong
way? I don't want to have to get into using a full-fledged Flash
generating program if I can avoid it.
TIA
Brian Tozer

Put the swf on the target page.