    text should make sense when read out of context for accessibility.

    What should I do here? It is not possible to do >Companies beginning
    with A</a> as its impractical. Any ideas?

    UKuser, Jan 4, 2008

  2. Scripsit UKuser:

    > I have a browsable directory (by letter) so the links read <a
    > text should make sense when read out of context for accessibility.

    Well, do they? Don't they? In a list of all links on a page, they
    probably make better sense than any alternative.

    > What should I do here?

    Use letter links, preceded by some text that tells that here you have an
    alphabetic directory of ...

    Just make sure the links are not adjacent. Old recommendations say that
    there should be something non-blank between them, but this is often
    impractical and not relevant here; so a space is sufficient.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 4, 2008