    But When I click on "click here", the IE6 said "you aren't authorized to see
    this page"

    Thank you
    Angel, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Angel

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Angel wrote:
    > Help me please,
    >
    > Can I Link to asp page from html page? how?
    >
    > for example, I have tryed this:

    > But When I click on "click here", the IE6 said "you aren't authorized to see
    > this page"
    >
    > Thank you

    Either the name of the page is wrong, or the file permissions are set
    wrong on that file on the server. You link to an ASP page just like you
    do any other page. As far as your browser is concerned, a link is a
    link. There is nothing that makes one link any different than any other
    link in HTML.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jun 7, 2005

  3. SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Angel wrote:
    >> Help me please,
    >>
    >> Can I Link to asp page from html page? how?
    >>
    >> for example, I have tryed this:

    >> But When I click on "click here", the IE6 said "you aren't authorized to
    >> see this page"
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>

    > Either the name of the page is wrong, or the file permissions are set
    > wrong on that file on the server. You link to an ASP page just like you
    > do any other page. As far as your browser is concerned, a link is a
    > link. There is nothing that makes one link any different than any other
    > link in HTML.

    It has to be the latter (permissions). It is also possible that the ASP
    file, depending on its nature, returns that message because you are not
    logged in with required privileges.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 7, 2005
  4. Angel

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >

    >>Angel wrote:
    >>
    >>>Help me please,
    >>>
    >>>Can I Link to asp page from html page? how?
    >>>
    >>>for example, I have tryed this:

    >>>But When I click on "click here", the IE6 said "you aren't authorized to
    >>>see this page"
    >>>
    >>>Thank you
    >>>

    >>Either the name of the page is wrong, or the file permissions are set
    >>wrong on that file on the server. You link to an ASP page just like you
    >>do any other page. As far as your browser is concerned, a link is a
    >>link. There is nothing that makes one link any different than any other
    >>link in HTML.

    > It has to be the latter (permissions). It is also possible that the ASP
    > file, depending on its nature, returns that message because you are not
    > logged in with required privileges.
    >
    > Roy

    ....or the ASP has a redirect inside it, and is redirecting to a page
    that doesn't exist, or no permision to view.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jun 7, 2005
  5. SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> SpaceGirl wrote:

    >>>Either the name of the page is wrong, or the file permissions are set
    >>>wrong on that file on the server. You link to an ASP page just like you
    >>>do any other page. As far as your browser is concerned, a link is a
    >>>link. There is nothing that makes one link any different than any other
    >>>link in HTML.

    >> It has to be the latter (permissions). It is also possible that the ASP
    >> file, depending on its nature, returns that message because you are not
    >> logged in with required privileges.
    >>
    >> Roy
    >>

    > ...or the ASP has a redirect inside it, and is redirecting to a page
    > that doesn't exist, or no permision to view.

    Or perhaps the ASP page redirects the user to another ASP page, which
    redirects to another, which redirects to another whose permissions are
    inappropriate.

    Follow the trail, Angel, and one day the error will be found. Don't despair.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com