    right mouse button...He'd really like to offer the option "Click here to
    view the proof in your browser or click here to download it to your
    computer" and have this work for PC's and Macs. Any ideas? Thanks!

    Simon Wigzell, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Simon Wigzell

    VK Guest

    It's determined by system settings, and you don't have a control over it
    from page. If you really want to please your visitors, you may use the
    "False MIME" trick, but it requires server-side scripting.
    The trick is to send your PDF file with content-type header
    "application/octet-stream". This will force any browser to show the
    standard "Run/Save" dialog (unless something deeply wrong with its
    security settings). The file extension is not affected (it will be saved
    as .pdf, not .exe).

    Simon Wigzell <> wrote in message
    > My clients produces printing proofs on line and wants to send an email

    > the client with a link to the proof. That is all working fine, the

    proofs
    > are in .pdf format so the email link is just the full file name and

    just
    > pops up a browser and it loads the pdf file. We have noticed that you

    can
    > right click on link and have the options of downloading the file. Is

    there
    > some way of specifying in the likn that it should go straight to the

    file
    > download procedure? Most of his clients are Mac users which don't have

    the

    VK, Oct 9, 2003