Link To Print PDF Challenge

Gary Brower

I would like to have a link on my page which, when the user clicks, will
print a specified pdf document. What is the best way to do this?

This seems easy, but I haven't been able to do it.

Thanks,
Gary Brower

PeterMcC

Gary said:
I would like to have a link on my page which, when the user clicks,
will print a specified pdf document. What is the best way to do this?

This seems easy, but I haven't been able to do it.
You can put a link to a PDF to be printed but, AFAIK, you can't put a link
that prints it - and I'd like to think that it will stay that way.

Hywel Jenkins

I would like to have a link on my page which, when the user clicks, will
print a specified pdf document. What is the best way to do this?
Don't.

This seems easy, but I haven't been able to do it.

Link to the PDF as normal and embed a document JavaScript in the PDF to
fire off the print process. The user may still have to click "OK",
however.