    want details. i'm using nt4 for this.
    any ideas? switches to be added to the link???

    regards

    joe, Dec 9, 2003

  2. joe

    Wipkip Guest

    While sitting in a puddle joe scribbled in the mud:

    http://wipkip.us/out/view_index.zip

    --
    Duende

    Wipkip, Dec 9, 2003

  3. joe

    Louis Somers Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in

    > hi guys,
    > i'm using a html page to open another page that show the
    > contents of a folder. all is well except it always opens in icons view
    > and i want details. i'm using nt4 for this.
    > any ideas? switches to be added to the link???
    >
    > regards

    Guess you are using a PDF file? Depending on how the PDF was created, you
    might want to re-export to PDF with the desired settings, or make the
    changes using Adobe Acrobat
    <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/demo/main.html>

    --
    News Updater, No scripts, No Database
    http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

    Louis Somers, Dec 9, 2003
  4. joe

    joe Guest

    hi lou,
    it's just plain old html

    joe

    joe, Dec 9, 2003
  5. joe

    joe Guest

    i got the puddle bit but....

    joe, Dec 9, 2003
  6. joe

    Louis Somers Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in

    >> "joe" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > hi guys,
    >> > i'm using a html page to open another page that show
    >> > the
    >> > contents of a folder. all is well except it always opens in icons
    >> > view and i want details. i'm using nt4 for this.
    >> > any ideas? switches to be added to the link???
    >> >
    >> > regards

    > hi lou,
    > it's just plain old html

    Oops sorry, didn't read it right, it's "contents of a folder".

    NT4 is not enough info,

    Are you using IIS, PWS, Apache or some other webserver?

    Louis Somers, Dec 9, 2003
  7. joe

    joe Guest

    hi lou,
    it's just a simple html page that has a link to another page that
    shows the contents of a folder. the folder holds photos and when the link is
    clicked on it opens the folder but the view (of the files... list, details,
    icons...ect) comes up as an icon view. what i want to do is have it open the
    folder so that the files are shown in details view. no IIS, PWS, Apache or
    some other webserver used or needed, just a simple html page that sits on
    this nt4 (sp 6) computer. it is simple and works well, i would prefer, if
    it's possible to have the view of the photo files to be as details not as
    icons. i figure their should be a switch that i can add to the end of the
    hyperlink to force details view...
    do you think this is possible?

    regards

    joe, Dec 9, 2003
  8. joe

    Louis Somers Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in

    > hi lou,
    > it's just a simple html page that has a link to another page
    > that
    > shows the contents of a folder. the folder holds photos and when the
    > link is clicked on it opens the folder but the view (of the files...
    > list, details, icons...ect) comes up as an icon view. what i want to
    > do is have it open the folder so that the files are shown in details
    > view. no IIS, PWS, Apache or some other webserver used or needed, just
    > a simple html page that sits on this nt4 (sp 6) computer. it is simple
    > and works well, i would prefer, if it's possible to have the view of
    > the photo files to be as details not as icons. i figure their should
    > be a switch that i can add to the end of the hyperlink to force
    > details view... do you think this is possible?
    >
    > regards
    > joe

    Yes, I think it is possible, but maybe not by just adding something to
    the hyperlink.

    Just a few questions:

    1. Do you want this to work only on your local PC or should it also work
    for everyone via internet?

    2. Are you designing some kind of Active Desktop page?

    3. Should it work with any browser or only with IE?

    4. What version or OS are you using?

    5. does your link look like this: <a href="c:\myfolder">
    or like this: <a href="file://c:/myfolder">
    or like this: <a href="file://localhost/c:/myfolder">
    or like this: <a href="c:\go.bat"> and in go.bat a line as follows:
    explorer.exe /root,c:\myfolder

    Might clear up what you actually are trying to do, actually this has
    nothing to do with webdesign.

    Louis Somers, Dec 9, 2003
  9. joe

    joe Guest

    hi lou,
    1. just the local pc
    2. no
    3. only ie 5.5+
    4. nt 4 (with sp 6)
    5. like this: <a href="file://c:/myfolder">

    joe, Dec 10, 2003
  10. joe

    Louis Somers Guest

    "joe" <> wrote in news:6qtBb.46498$:

    > hi lou,
    > 1. just the local pc
    > 2. no
    > 3. only ie 5.5+
    > 4. nt 4 (with sp 6)
    > 5. like this: <a href="file://c:/myfolder">
    >
    > regards
    > joe

    Hmm, I tried it and even when default is set to list view, it displays
    Icons. Strange. But opening it via a shotcut does work (workaround).

    Do the following:
    Create a shortcut somewhere (for this example i'll use c:\)
    rightclick->new->shortcut
    Type in the destany folder "c:\myfolder"
    Type in some name "mylink"

    Now in your HTML file do

    The browser will ask if you want to open it or save it, choose open and
    check the box so it will not ask next time.

    Actually you should have asked this at microsoft.public.internetexplorer

    Louis Somers, Dec 10, 2003
  11. joe

    joe Guest