  1. How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
    I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

    Thanks

    Perpetual Snow, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Perpetual Snow wrote:

    > How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
    > I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

    This group discusses the C language. This is not a C language issue.

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Nov 26, 2003

  3. "Perpetual Snow" <> wrote in message

    > How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
    > I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

    Trivially, to the extent that almost any attempt to point you
    in the right direction would complete this homework assignment
    for you in its entirety.

    Post a compileable program showing your attempt, and an explanation
    of how you've tried to find the problems, and someone will help
    you sort out the details.

    J. J. Farrell, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Perpetual Snow

    Capstar Guest

    Perpetual Snow wrote:
    > How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
    > I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.
    >
    > Thanks

    <OT>
    Take a look in "include/linux/list.h" of the linux source. If this is
    homework you'll probably won't get that anyway. If not, it's a nice
    implementation of a list without memory allocation.
    </OT>

    Mark

    Capstar, Nov 26, 2003