    is there a reason other as maintenance that cause some people to use
    @import ?

    , Oct 2, 2007

  2. Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:54:50 -0700, wrote:

    >is there a reason other as maintenance that cause some people to use
    >@import ?

    Two reasons I know of:

    An _ancient_ NS4 technique to hide CSS

    A useful technique to assemble a large stylesheet from sections, by
    function. Several @import rules are used in one stylesheet, with no
    other content in it. This stylesheet is then linked to the HTML by a
    <link>
    Andy Dingley, Oct 2, 2007

  3. Bergamot Guest

    wrote:

    > a page with @import won't be saved with
    > the css.
    > should be prohibed css code with
    > links to images, since in this case the target also won't be saved.

    Go complain to the browser makers. File a bug at mozilla.org if you
    like, but there's probably already one there.

    I do wonder about your rant, though... Are you stealing lots of code
    from other sites?

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Oct 2, 2007

    On 3 oct, 00:43, Bergamot <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > a page with @import won't be saved with
    > > the css.
    > > should be prohibed css code with
    > > links to images, since in this case the target also won't be saved.

    > Go complain to the browser makers. File a bug at mozilla.org if you
    > like, but there's probably already one there.
    >
    > I do wonder about your rant, though... Are you stealing lots of code
    > from other sites?
    >
    > --
    > Berg

    Ok, thanks Andy, and Bergamot. I was just wondering, learning css
    since this week...

    , Oct 3, 2007

    On 3 oct, 00:43, Bergamot <> wrote:

    > I do wonder about your rant, though... Are you stealing lots of code
    > from other sites?

    Of course. I'm waiting for someone accidently build the code i need,
    and then steal it; btw did you see a copyright somewhere ?

    Maybe a good idee should be to disable the ability of browsers to save
    pages, which is another kind of stealing ?

    , Oct 3, 2007
  6. Dylan Parry Guest

    wrote:

    > Of course. I'm waiting for someone accidently build the code i need,
    > and then steal it; btw did you see a copyright somewhere ?

    It makes no difference whether you see a copyright notice or not.
    Everything you come across online is probably copyrighted, and in fact
    most works are considered copyrighted from the moment of their creation
    regardless of whether they are registered or display a notice.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
    those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.
    Dylan Parry, Oct 3, 2007

    On 3 oct, 11:46, Dylan Parry <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Of course. I'm waiting for someone accidently build the code i need,
    > > and then steal it; btw did you see a copyright somewhere ?

    > It makes no difference whether you see a copyright notice or not.
    > Everything you come across online is probably copyrighted, and in fact
    > most works are considered copyrighted from the moment of their creation
    > regardless of whether they are registered or display a notice.

    Ok, but it's not therefore i won't 'copy' them. I need to download
    them in order to see how the site was build, and then do my own job.
    Anyway, this learned me to use Wget. nice tool.

    i will of course copy code, snippets, bu not graphics.

    , Oct 3, 2007