LinkButton Events

Bijoy Naick

I have 2 datagrids, lets call them src and dest. I run a query and databind
to src. Src contains a column called "name".

I use a templatecolumn to display the name as a LinkButton. I want the user
to be able to click on a name, which will then run another query and display
all the records pertaining to that name in the dest datagrid.

How do I set this up? Can I use a linkButton to do this? Which events should
I trap and how do i get the name of the clicked name?

Bijoy

Karl Seguin

Bijoy,
You might wanna take a look at:
http://openmymind.net/databinding/index.html#8

Which talks about how to handle events within a repeater. The basic idea is
that the LinkButton event bubbles up to the repeater/datagrid which you can
then catch in the ItemCommand event. At this point you can access the
commandArgument and the commandName to figure out which button fired and get
a variable (like the name)

Karl