LinkButton fails in Firefox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by msnews.microsoft.com, Jun 24, 2009.

  1. I have an asp.net page that displays records in a GridView. One of the
    templates has a LinkButton with a PostBackURL set to a table column with the
    name of the aspx page to open. For example, the PostBackURL value can be
    something like "Scheduler.aspx" which is in the same web folder as the page
    I am calling it from. It works fine in IE but nothing happens when I click
    the link in Firefox. My GridView is shown below. Any help is appreciated.

    David

    <asp:GridView ID="gvRenewalSchedules" runat="server"
    AutoGenerateColumns="False"
    CellPadding="4" DataKeyNames="ScheduleID"
    DataSourceID="SqlRenewalSchedules"
    ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None" BorderStyle="Solid"
    BorderWidth="2pt" BorderColor="Black">
    <FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
    />
    <RowStyle BackColor="LightBlue" ForeColor="#333333" />
    <Columns>
    <asp:TemplateField Visible="False">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:CheckBox ID="ckSchedule" runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="ScheduleID" HeaderText="ScheduleID"
    InsertVisible="False"
    ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="ScheduleID" Visible="False"
    />
    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Schedule"
    SortExpression="ScheduleName">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LBtnScheduleName" runat="server"
    Text='<%# Bind("ScheduleName") %>'
    PostBackUrl='<%# Bind("WebPage")
    %>'></asp:LinkButton>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="ScheduleSequence"
    HeaderText="ScheduleSequence" SortExpression="ScheduleSequence"
    Visible="False" />
    </Columns>
    <PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White"
    HorizontalAlign="Center" />
    <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" Font-Bold="True"
    ForeColor="#333333" />
    <HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
    />
    <EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999" />
    <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" />
    </asp:GridView>

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jun 24, 2009

  2. msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
    > I have an asp.net page that displays records in a GridView. One of the
    > templates has a LinkButton with a PostBackURL set to a table column with the
    > name of the aspx page to open. For example, the PostBackURL value can be
    > something like "Scheduler.aspx" which is in the same web folder as the page
    > I am calling it from. It works fine in IE but nothing happens when I click
    > the link in Firefox. My GridView is shown below. Any help is appreciated.

    Check Firefox's error console, does it show any (script) errors when you
    click the link?

    --

    Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/