LinkButton & Hyperlink

Ken Saganowski

Not sure if this is the proper group to post this but its worth a shot:

Is there a project property setting that gives hyperlinks and linkButtons
the "rollover" effect with underlining?

Right now, it is somehow defaulted to an automatic underline which I only
want displayed when the user moves the pointer over the link.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Ken

Showjumper

Use css for this since asp:hyperlink and the link button get rendered as
hyperlinks.

Scott M.

If you don't want the hyperlink to be underlined then add:
text-decoration:none to the style attribute for the control. This will
prevent the hyperlink from EVER having an underline though.

Having the underline only appear when the mouse passes over it is a function
of the setting in Windows and the browser, not the web page. If you set
text-decoration to none and have Windows set to only show the underline when
the mouse passes over it, you still won't see the underline.

vMike

you can use the hover property in your css style sheet for example

a.yourclassnamehere:hover {
text-decoration:underline;}