LinkButton

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rn5a@rediffmail.com, Apr 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    A web page has 2 LinkButtons. When the 1st one is clicked, users are
    taken to Shop.aspx & when the 2nd one is clicked, users are taken to
    another ASPX page named ProcessOrder.aspx.

    -----------------------------------
    <asp:LinkButton ID="lkbShop" OnClick="BackToShop"
    PostBackUrl="Shop.aspx" runat="server"/>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <asp:LinkButton ID="lkbSubmit" PostBackUrl="ProcessOrder.aspx"
    Text="SUBMIT ORDER" runat="server"/>
    -----------------------------------

    On my local IIS5.1 intranet, clicking both the LinkButtons takes the
    user to the appropriate pages i.e. when the 1st LinkButton is clicked,
    the user is taken to Shop.aspx & when the 2nd LinkButton is clicked,
    the user is taken to ProcessOrder.aspx.

    But when I uploaded the ASPX page containing the above 2 LinkButtons
    to a remote server which supports the .NET v1.1 Framework (& not 2.0),
    strangely I find that when I click the 2nd LinkButton, instead of
    taking me to ProcessOrder.aspx, it takes me to Shop.aspx!

    What could be causing this eccentricity?

    Please note that clicking the 1st LinkButton takes the user correctly
    to Shop.aspx.

    , Apr 7, 2007

  2. David Guest

    As far as I am aware, .NET 1.1 linkbuttons don't have a property for
    PostBackUrl, so I think it is being ignored.

    I could be wrong though.

    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.