Linked Pages From ASP.NET Page Don't Work With IE 5.0

Dave

I recently converted a page from static with SSI's to ASP.NET with user
controls and added functionality. I have just discovered a hardcoded link to
another page now no longer works in IE 5.0. Here is some sample code.

Link:

Login.htm:

<head>
<title>Login Redirector</title>
</head>
<form name="hiddenrefresh" method="POST" action="main.asp?id=12345678"
target="_top">
</form>

The onload event never fires when login.htm is loaded into IE 5.0 - Click
refresh and the submit takes place in IE 5.0., IE 6.0 works fine! If the
link is in a static .htm page the login.htm page works fine in IE 5.0. The
only way I have had the link work from the ASP.NET page(.ASPX page) is to
right click over the link and select 'Open in a new window".

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks for your help...

Dave