Linked Pages From ASP.NET Page Don't Work With IE 5.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dave, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I recently converted a page from static with SSI's to ASP.NET with user
    controls and added functionality. I have just discovered a hardcoded link to
    another page now no longer works in IE 5.0. Here is some sample code.

    Link:

    Login.htm:

    <head>
    <title>Login Redirector</title>
    </head>
    <form name="hiddenrefresh" method="POST" action="main.asp?id=12345678"
    target="_top">
    </form>

    The onload event never fires when login.htm is loaded into IE 5.0 - Click
    refresh and the submit takes place in IE 5.0., IE 6.0 works fine! If the
    link is in a static .htm page the login.htm page works fine in IE 5.0. The
    only way I have had the link work from the ASP.NET page(.ASPX page) is to
    right click over the link and select 'Open in a new window".

    Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

    Thanks for your help...

    Dave

    Dave, Apr 23, 2004