linked URL's "boxed" into frames or sites...

Rusty D

Hi ...

I exchange links with several websites, but some sites have a policy where
they keep your site "boxed" into their own site, ie, not allowing it to open
up in its own independant window. In other words, they keep their site
"framed" around your site so that visitors will be coerced into returning to
their site.

is there any script of html that I can add to my index page to force a new
window open if one is not already open?

thanks for any tips...

Rusty

andy johnson

Hi ...

I exchange links with several websites, but some sites have a policy where
they keep your site "boxed" into their own site, ie, not allowing it to open
up in its own independant window. In other words, they keep their site
"framed" around your site so that visitors will be coerced into returning to
their site.

is there any script of html that I can add to my index page to force a new
window open if one is not already open?

thanks for any tips...

Rusty
This is supposed to work, but I have not tried it personally...

<!-- Break out of frames
Use this javascript to make
sure that your web page is
not shown in someone else's
frames.

-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1">
<!--
setTimeout ("changePage()", 3000);
function changePage() {
if (self.parent.frames.length != 0)
self.parent.location="http://www.your-web-site-here.com";
}
// -->
</SCRIPT>

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)

Sid Ismail

: Hi ...
:
: I exchange links with several websites, but some sites have a policy where
: they keep your site "boxed" into their own site, ie, not allowing it to open
: up in its own independant window. In other words, they keep their site
: "framed" around your site so that visitors will be coerced into returning to
: their site.
:
: is there any script of html that I can add to my index page to force a new
: window open if one is not already open?

I had the same problem... :(

Stick this in your HEAD:

<!-- Begin
if (window != top) top.location.href = location.href;
// End -->
</script>

Sid