linker error (unresolved symbol) with template class in DLL

Norman J. Goldstein

Hi, i have a big problem with a linker error (unresolved symbol)
I get when using template classes from a DLL. The issue (with a
sample code which reproduces the problem) can be found at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16936480/linker-error-
unresolved-symbol-with-template-class-in-dll
Any help would be great, either as an answer here in the forum
or at stackoverflow !!!!
Some comments:
-- (minor) You could simplify the problem to involve only 1 class.
-- Are you able to properly link as a static library?
-- Are you linking in any symbols at all from the dynamic library?

hfassold

-- Are you able to properly link as a static library? have to try it out.

-- Are you linking in any symbols at all from the dynamic library?
I added the 'MyTemplates.lib' as an additional linker dependency to the 'UserClass.lib'. I have also other (non-template) fns. in 'MyTemplates.lib' which are not giving any problems.