"Linking" DropDownList in EditItemTemplate and Label in ItemTempla

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Inge Larsson, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Inge Larsson

    Inge Larsson Guest

    Hi,

    I have a ASP.NET 1.1 DataGrid template column set up this way:
    As the ItemTemplate I have a label, lblSatus. As the EditItemTemplate I have
    a DropDownList, ddlStatus. ddlStatus have a DataSet, dsStatus, as data
    source, and is populated fine. I have set the AutoPostBack property of both
    lblStatus and dllStatus to true.

    What I need a solution for:

    1) I want ddlStatus to have its SelectedValue property set to the value of
    the Text property of lblStatus - when or before the user clicks the edit
    button.

    2) I want lblSatus to have its Text property set to the value of the
    SelectedValue property of ddlStatus - when the user clicks the update button.
    With or without using the SelectedIndexChanged event of ddlStatus, but I
    suppose using this event is the way to go.

    3) I want to set the BackColor property of lblStatus if the user has caused
    the
    SelectedIndexChanged event of ddlStatus to get fired.

    Grateful for any help on this,

    Inge

    Inge Larsson, Apr 27, 2006