Linking Error, 3DS Max Exporter

mac

Hey All:

Here's my problem, I'm using VC++ in Studio 6 to write an exporter for
3D Studio max 7, so I'm learning the joys of writing a DLL, everything
compiles ok but the following error is thrown when it tries to link
everything up.

Creating library Hybrid/X.lib and object Hybrid/X.exp
Exporter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual char * __thiscall ClassDesc::GetRsrcString(long)"
(?GetRsrcString@ClassDesc@@UAEPADJ@Z)
C:\Program Files\X.dle : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals.

I have 3 project configurations, Win32 Release, Win32 Debug and Win32
Hybrid, I've tried with all of these configurations and keep getting
the same error. My export declarations in the .def file match the
declarations in the .dll source file. But evidently something is amiss
somewhere. Could anyone give me some hints with this problem?

Thanks.

Victor Bazarov

mac said:
Here's my problem, I'm using VC++ in Studio 6 [...link errors...]

I have 3 project configurations, Win32 [...etc...]
> But evidently something is amiss
somewhere. Could anyone give me some hints with this problem?

This is off-topic in comp.lang.c++. 'microsoft.public.vc.project_mgt'
might be a better fit for your question.

LILkillaBEE aka Nikola

Here's my problem, I'm using VC++ in Studio 6 to write an exporter for
3D Studio max 7, so I'm learning the joys of writing a DLL, everything
compiles ok but the following error is thrown when it tries to link
everything up.

Creating library Hybrid/X.lib and object Hybrid/X.exp
Exporter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual char * __thiscall ClassDesc::GetRsrcString(long)"
(?GetRsrcString@ClassDesc@@UAEPADJ@Z)
C:\Program Files\X.dle : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals.

hi

you have to add library (*.lib) file with definition of GetRsrcString,
probably some lib from max sdk!
to add this go to menu Project->Settings->Link(tab) and then add it under
'object/library modules'

note that *.lib file must exist in your library path
(Tools->Options->Directories)

bye