linking error (using interbase 6.0 API library)

Venky

I'm compiling a C program that is using Interbase 6.0 APIS. Getting
the following errors at the time of linking.
Linking test.exe:
Linker Warning: No module definition file specified: using defaults
Linker Error: Undefined symbol isc_detach_database in module TEST.C

If I set the option not to generate the underscore (function prefixed
with "_") I get the following errors. Interbase 6.0 APIs resolved
here, but the problem is with C std lib.
Linking test1.exe:
Linker Warning: No module definition file specified: using defaults
Linker Error: Undefined symbol strlen in module TEST.C
Linker Error: Undefined symbol strcpy in module TEST.C
Linker Error: Undefined symbol _main in library file
C:\TCWIN45\LIB\cwl.lib in module winmain

I'm using Borland 4.5 C++ compiler.
Should I use some other compiler or write wrappers to translate the
functions one without underscore prefix to functions with underscore ?

What is the best option?

Eric Sosman

Venky said:
[...]

Perhaps you need to supply a "module definition file,"
whatever that might be ...

It appears that you're not running your compiler and
linker with the proper incantations. Unfortunately, here in
comp.lang.c we only know about the C language and library,
not about the details of how to build C programs on all the
different C implementations in the world. Look for a news
group (or other source of information) devoted to the Borland
compilers and/or to the Intergraph libraries, because it doesn't
seem that your immediate problem has to do with C as such.

Good luck!