Linking error while using Code::Blocks IDE

vikramster

Hi,

I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler. But seems like some setting is missing. Even if I write a simple "Hello World" application, I am getting following error:

jacob navia

Le 19/10/12 08:31, (e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hi,

I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler.

But seems like some setting is missing.

Even if I write a simple "Hello World" application, I am getting
following error:
That software is SO full of bugs, that is completely unusable. I could
never bring it to compile a hello world program, so I wish you good luck.

The way I solved that is to erase it from my hard drive and stop wasting
time with it.

Rene Ivon Shamberger

I would have to disagree, I have been using Code::Blocks for a long time and I find it most efficient. I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.

jacob navia

Le 19/10/12 14:21, Rene Ivon Shamberger a écrit :
I would have to disagree, I have been using Code::Blocks for a long time and I find it most efficient.

I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for
free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.
Well, you could have explained why that error appears if you find it OK.

Maybe it is "efficient" but if I can't bring it to compile a hello world
program after 15-30 minutes efforts I give up sorry.

"ln.exe" is possible the replica of ln under Unix. Why does it fail?
Why does the software use "ln" for making a simple C project?

How do you get rid of that error?

Nobody

I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler. But seems
like some setting is missing. Even if I write a simple "Hello World"
application, I am getting following error:
ln.exe: invalid option -- o

Why are you invoking ln.exe at all, let alone with a -o switch?

Did you tell it to use "ln.exe" (the program to create symbolic or hard
links, which don't exist on Windows) instead of "ld.exe" (the program
which links object files together to form an executable)?

jacob navia

Le 19/10/12 16:09, Nobody a écrit :
Why are you invoking ln.exe at all, let alone with a -o switch?

Did you tell it to use "ln.exe" (the program to create symbolic or hard
links, which don't exist on Windows) instead of "ld.exe" (the program
which links object files together to form an executable)?
This is in the generated makefiles, it is not a user's fault