    Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)

    Any suggestions on how to resolve this, please?
    , Oct 19, 2012

  2. jacob navia Guest

    Le 19/10/12 08:31, a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler.

    But seems like some setting is missing.

    Even if I write a simple "Hello World" application, I am getting
    following error:

    > ln.exe: invalid option -- o
    > Try `ln.exe --help' for more information.
    > Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to resolve this, please?

    That software is SO full of bugs, that is completely unusable. I could
    never bring it to compile a hello world program, so I wish you good luck.

    The way I solved that is to erase it from my hard drive and stop wasting
    time with it.
    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012

  3. I would have to disagree, I have been using Code::Blocks for a long time and I find it most efficient. I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.

    Rene Ivon Shamberger, Oct 19, 2012
  4. jacob navia Guest

    Le 19/10/12 14:21, Rene Ivon Shamberger a écrit :
    > I would have to disagree, I have been using Code::Blocks for a long time and I find it most efficient.

    I guess you could try Dev-C++ or the less impressive VC++ that is for
    free. However, I would think twice about the VC++.

    Well, you could have explained why that error appears if you find it OK.

    Maybe it is "efficient" but if I can't bring it to compile a hello world
    program after 15-30 minutes efforts I give up sorry.

    "ln.exe" is possible the replica of ln under Unix. Why does it fail?
    Why does the software use "ln" for making a simple C project?

    How do you get rid of that error?
    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012
  5. Nobody Guest

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:31:03 -0700, vikramster wrote:

    > I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler. But seems
    > like some setting is missing. Even if I write a simple "Hello World"
    > application, I am getting following error:

    > ln.exe: invalid option -- o

    Why are you invoking ln.exe at all, let alone with a -o switch?

    Did you tell it to use "ln.exe" (the program to create symbolic or hard
    links, which don't exist on Windows) instead of "ld.exe" (the program
    which links object files together to form an executable)?
    Nobody, Oct 19, 2012
  6. jacob navia Guest

    Le 19/10/12 16:09, Nobody a écrit :
    > On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:31:03 -0700, vikramster wrote:
    >
    >> I have recently set up Code::Blocks IDE with GNU C++ compiler. But seems
    >> like some setting is missing. Even if I write a simple "Hello World"
    >> application, I am getting following error:

    >> ln.exe: invalid option -- o

    > Why are you invoking ln.exe at all, let alone with a -o switch?
    >
    > Did you tell it to use "ln.exe" (the program to create symbolic or hard
    > links, which don't exist on Windows) instead of "ld.exe" (the program
    > which links object files together to form an executable)?

    This is in the generated makefiles, it is not a user's fault
    jacob navia, Oct 19, 2012