Linking error

myth.drannon

[Error E2007] symbol 'FunctionFromA' referenced in file 'File_B.DOJ'
could not be resolved

I include the header with the missing function. What's more strange
that another file containing exactly the same function calls and
include files and being in the same directory compiled well.

Any ideas guys ?

Keith Thompson

[Error E2007] symbol 'FunctionFromA' referenced in file 'File_B.DOJ'
could not be resolved

I include the header with the missing function. What's more strange
that another file containing exactly the same function calls and
include files and being in the same directory compiled well.

Any ideas guys ?

Including a header gets you (among other things) the *declaration* of
a function, so the compiler can generate calls to it. It doesn't
include the code for the function in your final program.

The code is probably in some kind of library file. You need to tell
your linker to look at library. The method for doing this is
different for different systems.

If that's not enough to answer your question, look at your system's
documentation; failing that, try a newsgroup that's specific to your
system.

Ian Collins

[Error E2007] symbol 'FunctionFromA' referenced in file 'File_B.DOJ'
could not be resolved

I include the header with the missing function.

Did you include the object file with the missing function in your link?