Linking Module Problem?

Hristo Stevic

Hi,
I was just reading a book, about the address relocation and so on
The linking module according to the book links many objects code into
one module , translating the addresses to *absolute* address

However, if i do have two cooperative say JAVA files, all what i get is
two classes ( object code), so where is that module which groups these
two modules?

Object Code is it binary? i think so , it is the machine code, right?

tx

John W. Kennedy

Hristo said:
I was just reading a book, about the address relocation and so on
The linking module according to the book links many objects code into
one module , translating the addresses to *absolute* address

Not truly absolute addresses in all cases. Often the addresses remain
relocatable, according to where the executable is loaded.
However, if i do have two cooperative say JAVA files, all what i get is
two classes ( object code), so where is that module which groups these
two modules?

Object Code is it binary? i think so , it is the machine code, right?

The earliest linkers worked in memory, and, having built the module on
the fly, immediately ran it. (IBM mainframes have it to this day as a
high-performance alternative to the regular linker for compile-and-go
situations.) Java still works this way.

--
John W. Kennedy
"But now is a new thing which is very old--