Linking problem

Discussion in 'C++' started by ashok.ptr@gmail.com, Nov 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,
    I have installed the evaluatioin version of Intel c++ compiler(9.1)
    in my pc. For checking purpose i have written a simple program to
    display "Hello world". It's is compiling properly but at the time of
    linking it's giving the following error.
    unresolved external symbol ___intel_new_proc_init referenced in
    function _main.

    Could u please give me the solution?


    Regards,
    Ashok.
     
    , Nov 28, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On 2006-11-28 06:09, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have installed the evaluatioin version of Intel c++ compiler(9.1)
    > in my pc. For checking purpose i have written a simple program to
    > display "Hello world". It's is compiling properly but at the time of
    > linking it's giving the following error.
    > unresolved external symbol ___intel_new_proc_init referenced in
    > function _main.
    >
    > Could u please give me the solution?


    Looks like you have put more than you need in your Hello World, or you
    are not using the compiler/linker correctly, I'd say it's the latter and
    advice you to check the ICC manual.

    --
    Erik Wikström
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Nov 28, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Erik Wikström wrote:
    > On 2006-11-28 06:09, wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have installed the evaluatioin version of Intel c++ compiler(9.1)
    > > in my pc. For checking purpose i have written a simple program to
    > > display "Hello world". It's is compiling properly but at the time of
    > > linking it's giving the following error.
    > > unresolved external symbol ___intel_new_proc_init referenced in
    > > function _main.
    > >
    > > Could u please give me the solution?

    >
    > Looks like you have put more than you need in your Hello World, or you
    > are not using the compiler/linker correctly, I'd say it's the latter and
    > advice you to check the ICC manual.
    >
    > --
    > Erik Wikström

    program i have written is..
    #include <stdio.h>
    int main(void)
    {
    printf("Hello world\n");
    return 0;
    }
     
    , Nov 29, 2006
    #3
  4. On 2006-11-29 05:56, wrote:
    > Erik Wikström wrote:
    >> On 2006-11-28 06:09, wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I have installed the evaluatioin version of Intel c++ compiler(9.1)
    >> > in my pc. For checking purpose i have written a simple program to
    >> > display "Hello world". It's is compiling properly but at the time of
    >> > linking it's giving the following error.
    >> > unresolved external symbol ___intel_new_proc_init referenced in
    >> > function _main.
    >> >
    >> > Could u please give me the solution?

    >>
    >> Looks like you have put more than you need in your Hello World, or you
    >> are not using the compiler/linker correctly, I'd say it's the latter and
    >> advice you to check the ICC manual.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Erik Wikström

    > program i have written is..
    > #include <stdio.h>
    > int main(void)
    > {
    > printf("Hello world\n");
    > return 0;
    > }


    Then you should take you problem to a newsgroup for C, in C++ we write
    it like this:

    #include <iostream>

    int main()
    {
    std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;
    return 0;
    }

    --
    Erik Wikström
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Nov 29, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. tinoosh

    Linking problem in Primetime

    tinoosh, May 6, 2005, in forum: VHDL
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    623
    topgun
    May 9, 2005
  2. Joerg M. Colberg

    Linking problem

    Joerg M. Colberg, Jul 2, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    427
    Joerg M. Colberg
    Jul 7, 2004
  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=

    linking help file problem ..

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=, Oct 25, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    386
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXM=?=
    Oct 25, 2004
  4. Hristo Stevic

    Linking Module Problem?

    Hristo Stevic, Mar 6, 2004, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    315
    John W. Kennedy
    Mar 6, 2004
  5. enantiomer
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,007
    Owen Jacobson
    Mar 12, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page