linking problems with Python C API

Jeffrey Holle

I am working on a Linux system using gcc v3.3 and python v2.3.2
I have a problem linking a cpp program to a shared library that uses the
Python C API.
With just referencing this shared library, I get unresolved references like:
PySequence_DelSlice
PyNumber_InPlaceXor
PyInt_FromLong
_PyObject_New
This is just a sample, there are actually 130 of similarly named functions.

The only other library that I have tried,
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/config/libpython2.3.a, causes more trouble, to
the point that makes me believe this is a misdirection.

Can anybody tell me what library I should be linking to?