Linking third party Libraries

Discussion in 'C++' started by Thato, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Thato

    Thato Guest

    I've been trying to link the svlib (a library) as you showed me,

    I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.
    I tried all possible combinations using the bcc32 borland guide,
    it compiles, but it doesn't link. I don't know why.
    These are all the combinations we tried.

    bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
    GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd svlib.lib

    other combinations we tried are:
    1. bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
    GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd
    -Lc:\svlib\lib

    2. bcc32 -I"c:\svlib\include" -L"c:\svlib\lib GenModel.cpp

    Help will be highly appreciated and thank u in advance.

    Regard
    Thato
    Thato, Aug 17, 2004

  2. > I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.

    Are you sure the lib is created with the same (or at least a
    compaible) version of this compiler?

    --
    -Gernot
    int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

    Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
    GLBasic - you can do
    www.GLBasic.com
    Gernot Frisch, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Thato

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 17 Aug 2004 06:11:58 -0700, (Thato) wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > I've been trying to link the svlib (a library) as you showed me,
    >
    > I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.
    > I tried all possible combinations using the bcc32 borland guide,
    > it compiles, but it doesn't link. I don't know why.
    > These are all the combinations we tried.
    >
    > bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
    > GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd svlib.lib
    >
    > other combinations we tried are:
    > 1. bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
    > GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd
    > -Lc:\svlib\lib
    >
    > 2. bcc32 -I"c:\svlib\include" -L"c:\svlib\lib GenModel.cpp
    >
    > Help will be highly appreciated and thank u in advance.
    >
    > Regard
    > Thato

    First, specific implementation tools, like linkers, are off-topic
    here, they are not defined by the language. You need to ask in
    Borland's support group
    news:borland.public.cppbuilder.commandlinetools on their server
    nntp://newsgroups.borland.com.

    Second, "does not link" is an extremely poor problem statement. When
    you post to the Borland group, you need to copy and paste the exact
    error messages into the body of your post.

    Finally, for anyone there to be able to help you, you need to tell
    them where this library came from, such as what compiler is was built
    with.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com