Linking third party Libraries

Thato

I've been trying to link the svlib (a library) as you showed me,

I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.
I tried all possible combinations using the bcc32 borland guide,
it compiles, but it doesn't link. I don't know why.
These are all the combinations we tried.

bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd svlib.lib

other combinations we tried are:
1. bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd
-Lc:\svlib\lib

2. bcc32 -I"c:\svlib\include" -L"c:\svlib\lib GenModel.cpp

Help will be highly appreciated and thank u in advance.

Regard
Thato

Gernot Frisch

I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.
Are you sure the lib is created with the same (or at least a
compaible) version of this compiler?

--
-Gernot
int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf

Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
GLBasic - you can do
www.GLBasic.com

Jack Klein

I've been trying to link the svlib (a library) as you showed me,

I want to link third party library to borland55 compiler.
I tried all possible combinations using the bcc32 borland guide,
it compiles, but it doesn't link. I don't know why.
These are all the combinations we tried.

bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd svlib.lib

other combinations we tried are:
1. bcc32 -Ic:\svlib\include
GenModel.cpp /link /libpath:C:\svlib\lib /nodefaultlib:libcd
-Lc:\svlib\lib

2. bcc32 -I"c:\svlib\include" -L"c:\svlib\lib GenModel.cpp

Help will be highly appreciated and thank u in advance.

Regard
Thato

First, specific implementation tools, like linkers, are off-topic
here, they are not defined by the language. You need to ask in
Borland's support group
on their server
nntp://newsgroups.borland.com.

Second, "does not link" is an extremely poor problem statement. When
you post to the Borland group, you need to copy and paste the exact
error messages into the body of your post.

Finally, for anyone there to be able to help you, you need to tell
them where this library came from, such as what compiler is was built
with.