Linking to a file on a local server with the Web.sitemap

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bryan, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    I am trying to link to a file on a local server for my company's
    intranet with the Web.sitemap so it can be downloaded from my menu.
    However, no matter how I word it, I always get
    "System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The 'url' property
    had a malformed URL".

    The node looks like this:

    <siteMapNode url="file://host-server/shared folder/subfolder/
    filename.ext" title="Title Name"/>

    Does the sitemap not like that type of link? Or does it have a
    different way of doing it?

    I've tried it with back slashes instead of forward slashes with the
    same result, as well as omitting the "file:" and only putting in the
    path to the file with the same result.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you!

    Bryan, Feb 21, 2007