linking to calling function from dll

sufferthefools

how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
i only get access violations

Sharad Kala

| how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
| i only get access violations

What's your question on the C++ language?

Sharad

Ian Collins

sufferthefools said:
how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
i only get access violations
Then you had better ask in a windows programming group.

sufferthefools

Sharad said:
| how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
| i only get access violations

What's your question on the C++ language?

Sharad

i want to change a label on the master form calling the dll from the
dll.

i get it to call the function
dynamic_cast<TForm1*>(this->Owner)->ChangeLable("asdf");

but in the function
void __fastcall TForm1::ChangeLable(AnsiString wes)
{

Label2->Caption = wes;
}
an access violation gets thrown

Sharad Kala

| Sharad Kala wrote:
| > | how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
| > | i only get access violations
| >
| > What's your question on the C++ language?
| >
| > Sharad
|

| i want to change a label on the master form calling the dll from the
| dll.
|
| i get it to call the function
| dynamic_cast<TForm1*>(this->Owner)->ChangeLable("asdf");
|
| but in the function
| void __fastcall TForm1::ChangeLable(AnsiString wes)
| {
|
| Label2->Caption = wes;
| }
| an access violation gets thrown

Two things
1. Post minimal code that compiles to demonstrate your problem
2. You deal with a lot of OT stuff for this newsgroup. Try newsgroups on
msnews.microsoft.com.

Sharad

sufferthefools

Sharad said:
| Sharad Kala wrote:
| > | how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
| > | i only get access violations
| >
| > What's your question on the C++ language?
| >
| > Sharad
|

| i want to change a label on the master form calling the dll from the
| dll.
|
| i get it to call the function
| dynamic_cast<TForm1*>(this->Owner)->ChangeLable("asdf");
|
| but in the function
| void __fastcall TForm1::ChangeLable(AnsiString wes)
| {
|
| Label2->Caption = wes;
| }
| an access violation gets thrown

Two things
1. Post minimal code that compiles to demonstrate your problem
2. You deal with a lot of OT stuff for this newsgroup. Try newsgroups on
msnews.microsoft.com.

Sharad

what do you mean with OT ?
second i don't understand why i am being referred. i have seen many
example of dll questions in this group,

Jack Klein

how do i change a property on the calling exe from the called dll?
i only get access violations

If you use a real newsreader, instead of Google Groups, you can point
to the server newsgroups.borland.com, where Borland has a large number
of support groups for their products.

If you must use a web interface, I think there is an interface to
their newsgroups on their web site, http://www.borland.com.

The C++ language does not defined "forms" and "DLLs". One is specific
to your compiler, and the other to the Windows operating system. So
neither of these topics is a C++ language issue.

Noah Roberts

sufferthefools said:
what do you mean with OT ?

Off topic
second i don't understand why i am being referred. i have seen many
example of dll questions in this group,

And they rarely get answered and always get referred elsewhere.