    What I am attempting at doing is to have a list of items in the left
    column, then the actual video shows in the right column via iframe.
    Doable?
    richard, Oct 6, 2008

  2. richard

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 6, 12:20 am, richard <> wrote:
    > Is this possible to do?
    > for instance
    > value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x8uob0M3z2I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param
    > name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed
    > src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x8uob0M3z2I&hl=en&fs=1"
    > type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true"
    > width="425" height="344"></embed></object>>
    >
    > As it is does not seem to work.
    >
    > What I am attempting at doing is to have a list of items in the left
    > column, then the actual video shows in the right column via iframe.

    You are trying to use an ActiveX object with an embed within it for
    most non-IE browsers that do not support ActiveX. Although this
    approach is often used, there are errors in your code. There is no
    clsid for the ActiveX path, and there is an extra ">" in the code you
    give at the end, perhaps a typo. Embed has never been part of w3c
    html, and it is possible to use an ordinary object instead. Microsoft
    conditional comments may be used to direct to the ActiveX object path
    or the ordinary object path as needed.

    View a demo page I made at http://www.cwdjr.net/video4/testYT.html and
    look at the source code. Note that all of the "&" in the long urls for
    the video must be replaced by "&amp;" for the page to validate for
    reasons specified by the w3c. The demo page as written validates at
    the w3c as html 4.01 strict and as css.
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 6, 2008

  3. In article <>
    > s this possible to do?
    > for instance

    No. and HREF must contain a URI, not markup

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 6, 2008
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:47:27 -0400, Jonathan N. Little
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>
    >> s this possible to do?
    >> for instance

    >No. and HREF must contain a URI, not markup

    I've decided to scrap trying to link to an iframe.
    richard, Oct 6, 2008