linking to youtube with complete "obj"

richard

Is this possible to do?
for instance
value="
"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed
src="
"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true"
width="425" height="344"></embed></object>>

As it is does not seem to work.

What I am attempting at doing is to have a list of items in the left
column, then the actual video shows in the right column via iframe.
Doable?

cwdjrxyz

Is this possible to do?
for instance
value="
"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed
src="
"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true"
width="425" height="344"></embed></object>>

As it is does not seem to work.

What I am attempting at doing is to have a list of items in the left
column, then the actual video shows in the right column via iframe.

You are trying to use an ActiveX object with an embed within it for
most non-IE browsers that do not support ActiveX. Although this
approach is often used, there are errors in your code. There is no
clsid for the ActiveX path, and there is an extra ">" in the code you
give at the end, perhaps a typo. Embed has never been part of w3c
html, and it is possible to use an ordinary object instead. Microsoft
conditional comments may be used to direct to the ActiveX object path
or the ordinary object path as needed.

View a demo page I made at http://www.cwdjr.net/video4/testYT.html and
look at the source code. Note that all of the "&" in the long urls for
the video must be replaced by "&amp;" for the page to validate for
reasons specified by the w3c. The demo page as written validates at
the w3c as html 4.01 strict and as css.

Jonathan N. Little

s this possible to do?
for instance

No. and HREF must contain a URI, not markup