Links and XLinks??

Sam

Hi ...

Very new to HTML, not to mention XML and CSS and all the other
acronyms.

How can I put a link in an XML document?? I am trying to use CSS to make
document look attractive, and succeeding somewhat. But I can't figure out
links. I have book, XML Bible by Elliotte Rusty Harold. I think I read it
carefully, and this should work:

<WRITE xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href=mailto:[email protected]>

But it doesn't.

Appreciate any help.

Sam

Ed Beroset

Sam said:
Hi ...

Very new to HTML, not to mention XML and CSS and all the other
acronyms.

How can I put a link in an XML document?? I am trying to use CSS to make
document look attractive, and succeeding somewhat. But I can't figure out
links. I have book, XML Bible by Elliotte Rusty Harold. I think I read it
carefully, and this should work:

<WRITE xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href=mailto:[email protected]>

All attribute value require quotation marks in XML, so the last line
should be:

xlink:href="mailto:[email protected]">

Ed

Sam

Johannes Koch said:
Sam wrote:
[XLink doesn't work]
Thanks, but it still doesn't work.

What did you do to test if it works?
--
Opened the page in IE6. Moved mouse across the text that says `Write.'
Mouse cursor changed to ... I don't know what it's called. It looks like a

Julian Reschke

Sam said:
Sam wrote:
[XLink doesn't work]
Thanks, but it still doesn't work.

What did you do to test if it works?
--

Opened the page in IE6. Moved mouse across the text that says `Write.'
Mouse cursor changed to ... I don't know what it's called. It looks like a
capital `I'. (Different from the way cursor looks when it touches a link.)
Clicked on text. Nothing happened.

IE doesn't support XLink. I think Opera does, and Mozilla may.

Julian