    cell? The longest link keeps it's column very wide and messes up the "look".

    Any ideas appreciated,
    Lee

    leegold2, Jan 2, 2005

  2. leegold2

    Richard Guest

    leegold2 wrote:

    > Is there any html code to get very long links to wrap inside a table
    > cell? The longest link keeps it's column very wide and messes up the
    > "look".

    > Any ideas appreciated,
    > Lee

    You mean like showing www.supercalifragilisticexpialidocius.com and the
    table is only 20 pixels wide?

    You could try using "<a
    href="www.supercalifragilisticexpialidocius.com">WOW!<a/>
    Then the link itself appears in the status bar.
    Or do it within a <span> and use some other text tricks.

    Richard, Jan 2, 2005

  3. leegold2 <> wrote:

    > Is there any html code to get very long links to wrap inside a
    > table cell?

    You don't need any special code for that - but you may need to remove
    some code that you have used to prevent normal wrapping.

    But why do you use very long links? Link texts should normally be just
    a few words.

    Please don't hesitate to post the specific URL if you want to get
    specific advice.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 2, 2005
  4. leegold2

    Oli Filth Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > leegold2 <> wrote:
    >

    >>Is there any html code to get very long links to wrap inside a
    >>table cell?

    > You don't need any special code for that - but you may need to remove
    > some code that you have used to prevent normal wrapping.

    This is only true if there are space characters within the link text.

    > But why do you use very long links? Link texts should normally be just
    > a few words.

    I'm guessing he's using a long URL as the link text, e.g.
    http://www.verylongdomainname.co.uk...epage.htm?firstname=JOE&amp;secondname=BLOGGS

    Oli

    Oli Filth, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Oli Filth <> wrote:

    >> You don't need any special code for that - but you may need to
    >> remove some code that you have used to prevent normal wrapping.

    > This is only true if there are space characters within the link
    > text.

    It's actually much more complicated than that. But why wouldn't you use
    spaces in link texts.

    > I'm guessing he's using a long URL as the link text,

    That might well be the case, but as I wrote, if the OP wants specific
    help, he needs to give specific information such as a specific URL.
    Then we can discuss why he's using URLs as link texts. Do you refer to
    books by their ISBN numbers in normal speech?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 2, 2005