    Is that possible and, if so, could someone point me to an example or
    provide one? Thanks in advance for any help!

    Bob.

    Bob, May 10, 2004

  2. Bob

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > I have an xml document that I xslt into html for display. I include
    > various links to external (html) documents based on the specific data
    > encountered by the xslt transform.
    >
    > I would like to repackage my xml/xslt/html data by transorming into
    > text or (if I can figure it out) pdf. When I produce the text, I
    > would like to insert the actual text from the external documents,
    > rather than a link to the external documents.
    >
    > Is that possible and, if so, could someone point me to an example or
    > provide one? Thanks in advance for any help!

    It's certainly possible but only if those external documents are in XML.
    And in any case, how big are they? Inserting entire Web pages is going
    to get messy unless you have some contyrol over markup consistency.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, May 12, 2004

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Peter Flynn wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >
    >> I have an xml document that I xslt into html for display. I include
    >> various links to external (html) documents based on the specific data
    >> encountered by the xslt transform.
    >>
    >> I would like to repackage my xml/xslt/html data by transorming into
    >> text or (if I can figure it out) pdf. When I produce the text, I
    >> would like to insert the actual text from the external documents,
    >> rather than a link to the external documents.
    >>
    >> Is that possible and, if so, could someone point me to an example or
    >> provide one? Thanks in advance for any help!

    > It's certainly possible but only if those external documents are in XML.
    > And in any case, how big are they? Inserting entire Web pages is going
    > to get messy unless you have some contyrol over markup consistency.
    >
    > ///Peter

    The external documents have not yet been written. I can do them in xml.
    So - do you have a link or a very brief example????

    Thanks again!

    Bob.

    Bob, May 15, 2004