Links not consistant with Mozilla

tshad

I have a file http://www.payrollworkshop.com/Samples/testClass4.htm that
shows my 3rd row as being Teal when it should be blue.

What I have is my first column being either red or blue - all other links
are Teal.

I have them set up using the following styles:

a {
font-size:10px;
}
a:visited {
color:#4AAABD;
}
a:link.blueclass {
color:blue;
}
a:link.redclass {
color:red;
}
a:link {
color:#4AAABD;
}

a:active {
color:#4AAABD;
}

If you look at the html you can see that all the links in the first column
are either blueclass or redclass. But for some reason Mozilla and Netscape
want to display row 3 as Teal.

I don't have this problem with IE or Firefox.

Why is Mozilla acting this way?

Thanks,

Tom

Steve Pugh

tshad said:
I have a file http://www.payrollworkshop.com/Samples/testClass4.htm that
shows my 3rd row as being Teal when it should be blue.

What I have is my first column being either red or blue - all other links
are Teal.

a:visited {
color:#4AAABD;
}
a:link.blueclass {
color:blue;
}
a:link.redclass {
color:red;
}
If you look at the html you can see that all the links in the first column
are either blueclass or redclass. But for some reason Mozilla and Netscape
want to display row 3 as Teal.

I don't have this problem with IE or Firefox.

Why is Mozilla acting this way?

Because in Mozilla you've clicked on one of the links in the third
row. Hence it used :visited and not either of the :link.class styles.
Try clicking on a few links in several rows in several browsers.

Steve

tshad

Steve Pugh said:
Because in Mozilla you've clicked on one of the links in the third
row. Hence it used :visited and not either of the :link.class styles.
Try clicking on a few links in several rows in several browsers.

That makes sense and is exactly what is happening.

I assume then that I would have to make a blueclass and red class for each
of the anchor type tags.

Is it set up correctly, the way I have it? I just noticed that I get a
warning in DW that says that there is an error parsing styles (IE 5.0) for:

a:link.blueclass {
color:blue;
}

I changed the whole link section to:
********************************
a {
font-size:10px;
}
a:visited {
color:#4AAABD;
}
a:visited.blueclass {
color:blue;
}
a:visited.redclass {
color:red;
}
a:link {
color:#4AAABD;
}
a:link.blueclass {
color:blue;
}
a:link.redclass {
color:red;
}
a:active {
color:#4AAABD;
}
a:active.blueclass {
color:blue;
}
a:active.redclass {
color:red;
}

The link is:

<a class="redclass" href="AddNewPositions.aspx?PositionID=54">This is my
test</a>

This seems to work - but I still have the error from DW.

Thanks,

Tom