Links, tables and CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Thibault, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Thibault

    Thibault Guest

    Thibault, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Thibault wrote:

    > There is a thing I can't understand about CSS. I made all my website using
    > two CSS, and I noticed one thing : when links are in a table, they are
    > bigger than when they are not.

    This is not a CSS thing per se, but rather a bug in Internet Explorer.

    Internet Explorer doesn't let elements inside tables "inherit" styles from
    outside the table properly.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Thibault

    Els Guest

    Thibault wrote:

    > Hey,
    >
    > There is a thing I can't understand about CSS. I made all my website using
    > two CSS, and I noticed one thing : when links are in a table, they are
    > bigger than when they are not. For example, this page of my website
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/titan_keikomi/photo/danemark/danemark.html
    > has smaller links than this one
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/titan_keikomi/photo/photo.html
    > where links are in a table.
    > Why ?
    > Thank you very much,

    I think it's because you didn't set a font-size for the text
    inside the table.
    If you add
    td {font-size:85%;}
    to your stylesheet, it will probably make all links the same
    size.

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.
    Els, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Thibault

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:28:52 +0100, Els <>
    declared in alt.html:
    > If you add
    > td {font-size:85%;}
    > to your stylesheet, it will probably make all links the same size.

    Yes - too small to read. :-(

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au