Links, tables and CSS

Toby A Inkster

Thibault said:
There is a thing I can't understand about CSS. I made all my website using
two CSS, and I noticed one thing : when links are in a table, they are
bigger than when they are not.

This is not a CSS thing per se, but rather a bug in Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer doesn't let elements inside tables "inherit" styles from
outside the table properly.

Els

Thibault said:
Hey,

There is a thing I can't understand about CSS. I made all my website using
two CSS, and I noticed one thing : when links are in a table, they are
bigger than when they are not. For example, this page of my website
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/titan_keikomi/photo/danemark/danemark.html
has smaller links than this one
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/titan_keikomi/photo/photo.html
where links are in a table.
Why ?
Thank you very much,

I think it's because you didn't set a font-size for the text
inside the table.
If you add
td {font-size:85%;}
to your stylesheet, it will probably make all links the same
size.