links

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Dorward, Nov 8, 2003.

    http://dorward.me.uk/software/frag/ might be of interest.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 8, 2003

  2. David Dorward

    Nick Howes Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Could someone please tell me the html for creating a page where

    someone
    > clicks on a link at the top of the page and it takes them to text which is
    > further down the page.
    >
    > Then there is a back button where the text is which when clicked returns
    > them back to the links at the top of the page.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You might want to check that your computer's date and time is correct... at
    the moment you sent your message a few hours from now!

    Tom, Nov 8, 2003
  4. David Dorward

    SeeSchloss Guest

    > You might want to check that your computer's date and time is correct... at
    > the moment you sent your message a few hours from now!

    Couldn't that be because he sent it from Australia ?
    SeeSchloss, Nov 9, 2003
  5. David Dorward

    Richard Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Could someone please tell me the html for creating a page where
    > someone
    > clicks on a link at the top of the page and it takes them to text
    > which is
    > further down the page.

    > Then there is a back button where the text is which when clicked
    > returns
    > them back to the links at the top of the page.

    > Thanks.

    Learn the properties of <a href>.
    Richard, Nov 9, 2003
  6. David Dorward

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Could someone please tell me the html for creating a page where
    > > someone
    > > clicks on a link at the top of the page and it takes them to text
    > > which is
    > > further down the page.

    > > Then there is a back button where the text is which when clicked
    > > returns
    > > them back to the links at the top of the page.

    > > Thanks.

    > Learn the properties of <a href>.

    There are no "properties" of <a href>. There are the values that my be
    specified for the <a> elements href attribute. It should also be mentioned
    that for these sorts of links to work then a knowlege of the id attribute is
    also required.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 9, 2003
  7. David Dorward

    informant Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Could someone please tell me the html for creating a page where
    > > someone
    > > clicks on a link at the top of the page and it takes them to text
    > > which is
    > > further down the page.

    > > Then there is a back button where the text is which when clicked
    > > returns
    > > them back to the links at the top of the page.

    > > Thanks.

    > Learn the properties of <a href>.

    The K00K will remain SILENT!!1!

    From: "Richard" <>
    Newsgroups: alt.html
    Subject: Re: links
    Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 20:01:38 -0600
  8. SeeSchloss wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    >> You might want to check that your computer's date and time is correct... at
    >> the moment you sent your message a few hours from now!

    > Couldn't that be because he sent it from Australia ?

    But his time zone is set to -0800. Australia is +0800 to +1000 (plus
    daylight savings in some states)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 9, 2003