LINQ - SubmitChanges()

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

Hi,

I want to send notifications by email when specific actions occur in the
database...

But I can't send the email after calling InsertOnSubmit() because
SubmitChanges() might fail...

Do I need to keep track myself of every InsertOnSubmit in a list and then
process this list if SubmitChanges() succeed? What if the actions aren't the
same for each InsertOnSubmit()? (ie. send email or insert a record in a
table or delete a file or whatever) It's seems an ugly non-OO solution.

I want to hear from you!

Thanks

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

Ok I said "send email" but it can be any business rules that must
be done after a successful commit to the database (for any entity)...