LINQ to SQL - DataContext

Scott Rymer

I'm just getting started using Linq to SQL classes and I'm trying to create
a DetailsView with a LinqDataSource on my ASP.net web form. When I try to
configure my datasource, I don't see my DataContext in the "Choose your
context object:" dropdown. How do I make it show up?

Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

-Scott

Scott Rymer

Thanks for that... it was there once I built the app. However, I'm now
getting the following error in default.aspx.designer.vb:

Protected WithEvents LinqDataSource1 As
Global.System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource
Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' is not defined.

I'm sure this means I need to add a reference somewhere but I'm not sure
what or where...???

-Scott

Scott Rymer

Found it... I added System.Web.Extensions to my project references and it
seems to be fine...

Thanks Rich!